Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Introduces Radeon RX 7900M Laptop Graphics

Phoronix: AMD Introduces Radeon RX 7900M Laptop Graphics

In addition to AMD announcing the Ryzen Threadripper 7000 series / Threadripper PRO 7000 WX-Series, AMD also used today for announcing the Radeon RX 7900M for what they are calling their fastest Radeon laptop graphics ever developer...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Finally a gpu with some chest hair​. Now we just need some products for it. the smaller ships are not really in the marked. i found just some ASUS TUF devices that are way to expensive to the performance that they offer with AMD GPUs. Even the Framework want 400 USD for a 7700S GPU sometime down the line for the framework 16

Comment

Finally! Was worries they were totally going to skip this generation of high-end laptops

Comment

i'm curios how will mange the power? from some test on youtube 7600s seems to consume a bit more power compare to 4060 and also lower fps

Comment

Does it support GPU virtualization?

Comment

Interesting. It looks like it's a cut down version of Navi 31. Navi 32 doesn't have enough compute units, even at full utilization.

That doesn't bode well for power efficiency, unless they're somehow using a monolithic die specifically for mobile.

Comment

Michael

calling their fastest Radeon laptop graphics ever developer
              Maybe "developed", no?

Comment

Originally posted by Nille View Post
                Finally a gpu with some chest hair​.
                EW, I'd be worried if my GPU had chest hair. That would need to get off...

Comment

180W!? I would be put off with half that power draw on a mobile device.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                    180W!? I would be put off with half that power draw on a mobile device.
                    Its the High End Mobile GPU .... and if i see it correct the 7900m is 160W with 200W power shift.

Comment

Working...
                    X