Firefox 119 Available With Improved Firefox View, Expanded PDF Editing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 119 Available With Improved Firefox View, Expanded PDF Editing

Phoronix: Firefox 119 Available With Improved Firefox View, Expanded PDF Editing

Ahead of the official planned announcement for Tuesday, the Mozilla Firefox 119.0 release binaries have been published for this monthly feature update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Actually surprisingly a lot of good changes for a single version bump.

Comment

With ECH and DoH/T, it would be nice if mozilla came out and said we don't need title 2 takeover of ISPs to achieve net neutrality.

If the ISP's don't see any hostnames, just a GCE/azure/AWS IP address for most traffic, and all traffic is some version of http, how exactly would ISPs discriminate.

Of course, I don't mind some legal enforcement of net neutrality, but title 2 isn't it. It should be some FTC enforcement.

Comment

Firefox can now import some Google Chrome extensions.
        That's quite a misnomer. Firefox doesn't actually import Chrome Extensions. It checks them by their names and then installs the Firefox versions if they exist.

Comment

ECH would be great if it worked over both DoH and DoT, not only over DoH!

Comment

That PDF editing is an exciting feature if it works correctly and doesn't open up new security vulnerabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzie View Post
              With ECH and DoH/T, it would be nice if mozilla came out and said we don't need title 2 takeover of ISPs to achieve net neutrality.

If the ISP's don't see any hostnames, just a GCE/azure/AWS IP address for most traffic, and all traffic is some version of http, how exactly would ISPs discriminate.

Of course, I don't mind some legal enforcement of net neutrality, but title 2 isn't it. It should be some FTC enforcement.
              Unfortutanetely even with ECH my ISP still can block many website since its up to website to implement ECH. Only thing that works for me is X25519 and Kyber in TLS 1.3 which only Chromium browsers supports. Firefox has been lacking on this front for a while now.

Comment

Well Progress, i wish they could find a workaround for high cpu usage hardware video acceleration,

Comment

Originally posted by chromer View Post
                  Well Progress, i wish they could find a workaround for high cpu usage hardware video acceleration,
                  What do you mean? My understanding is if the CPU utilization is high, it isn't working.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

What do you mean? My understanding is if the CPU utilization is high, it isn't working.
                    It's working, but in compare to chrome on same video and OS, firefox has higher cpu usage.
                    While gpu video acceleration offload usage but still uses cpu, in this senario firefox uses more cpu versus chrome.

Comment

Working...
                    X