RADV Vulkan Driver Lands Initial Support For GFX11.5 "RDNA3 Refresh"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RADV Vulkan Driver Lands Initial Support For GFX11.5 "RDNA3 Refresh"

Phoronix: RADV Vulkan Driver Lands Initial Support For GFX11.5 "RDNA3 Refresh"

Samuel Pitoiset of Valve's open-source Linux graphics driver team has landed initial support for GFX11.5 "RDNA3 refresh" graphics within the RADV Vulkan driver for the upcoming Mesa 23.3...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I think this isn't complete support, the stuff to make full hardware use will come later.

I hope AMD unify more their GPU lines, at least in terms of driver support and features. Then there will be models with more of less capabilities.

I hope someday all AMD GPUs get full compute support. And full GPU virtualization support too. That would be very interesting for hobbyists, tinkerers, students and developers.

AMD is having excessive hardware fragmentation. NVIDIA is smarter in that regard, AMD can do it better than even as they already have FOSS GPU drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
      I think this isn't complete support, the stuff to make full hardware use will come later.

I hope AMD unify more their GPU lines, at least in terms of driver support and features. Then there will be models with more of less capabilities.

I hope someday all AMD GPUs get full compute support. And full GPU virtualization support too. That would be very interesting for hobbyists, tinkerers, students and developers.

AMD is having excessive hardware fragmentation. NVIDIA is smarter in that regard, AMD can do it better than even as they already have FOSS GPU drivers.
      if its just a refresh, like how intel 14th gen is to 13th gen, an actual refresh, then it is probably full hardware support. and at least according to moores law is dead, it is indeed just a refresh with some silicon level fixes to fix bottlenecks with infinity fabric with the multiple dies.

Comment

Time to sell my 7900 XTX in preparation of the 7950 XTX!

Comment

But why Valve 🤔🤔🤔

Comment

More like GFX11.F5

Comment

Working...
            X