Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel's Mesa Drivers Enable "TBMIR" Tile-Based Rendering

Phoronix: Intel's Mesa Drivers Enable "TBMIR" Tile-Based Rendering

A shiny feature landed on Friday for the Intel open-source OpenGL and Vulkan drivers within Mesa 24.0: Tile-Based Immediate Mode Rendering (TBIMR)...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does this rightfully remind me of the kyro ii or is this something else??

Comment

Xe DG2 reminds me more and more of AMD's RX Vega. 4096 shaders, around 512GiB/s of mem bandwidth, tiled&binning rasterizer, 2x FP16 rate, relatively high pwr draw and die area in relation to the performance, drivers that take ages to mature and support all the features… It's a true Raja Koduri creation.

Comment

Originally posted by kiffmet View Post
        Xe DG2 reminds me more and more of AMD's RX Vega. 4096 shaders, around 512GiB/s of mem bandwidth, tiled&binning rasterizer, 2x FP16 rate, relatively high pwr draw and die area in relation to the performance, drivers that take ages to mature and support all the features… It's a true Raja Koduri creation.
        It's missing one thing though: official drivers that drop support even before all features are supported by any driver.

Comment

Originally posted by drake23 View Post
          Does this rightfully remind me of the kyro ii or is this something else??
          Partly. PowerVR are tile-based deferred renderers, while this is a tile-based immediate mode renderer. The former are even more efficient.

Comment

Originally posted by HyperDrive View Post
            PowerVR are tile-based deferred renderers, while this is a tile-based immediate mode renderer. The former are even more efficient.
            Ah, thanks for pointing that out. I had missed it.

I found this nice summary of AMD Vega's DSBR (Draw-Stream Binning Rasterizer). I wonder whether RDNAn has any such thing & how it compares.

"Vega uses a hybrid form of rasterization somewhere between immediate-mode and TBR. It's not a pure tile-based renderer ..."

Comment

Working...
            X