No announcement yet.

systemd 255-rc1 Brings "Blue Screen of Death" Support & New Tool To Spawn VMs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• systemd 255-rc1 Brings "Blue Screen of Death" Support & New Tool To Spawn VMs

Phoronix: systemd 255-rc1 Brings "Blue Screen of Death" Support & New Tool To Spawn VMs

Systemd 255-rc1 is out this morning and it's packed with even more features for this dominant Linux init system and a growing list of other system utilities. Systemd 255 even is introducing systemd-bsod as a "Blue Screen of Death" for displaying important error messages during boot failure, systemd-vmspawn as a new tool to spawn virtual machines, and other new features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I mean... We all expected that when he got hired at MS xD

Comment

An awesome improvement. What is the release date approximately?

Comment

But … I want an orange screen of death!

Comment

Aw cmon red is cooler

Comment

Does it really need to be called that way?
            Or is just intentionally named that way to throw dirt into Linux adoption with "Hey, Linux have BSODs too" for gullible people?
            If I didn't hate systemd before, now with Microsoft calling all the shots seems that it tries more and more to make me hate it.
            So congratulations to Devuan developers for keeping a safe boat!

Comment

What's the user value?

Comment

It might be useful, as long as a Linux BSOD still gives readable messages like, say "Kernel Panic at line XXXX: Library not found" instead of MS's 16-digit hex code that you have to search for online.

Comment

I'm hoping for some decent jokes in this thread, but honestly some big improvements to showing what is going wrong during a boot sequence would be greatly appreciated. My custom compiled 6.4.16 kernel works fine, but when I tried to upgrade to 6.5 I was left hanging with a blank screen at boot and zero helpful information to figure out why all of the sudden the kernel isn't happy.

Comment

Sounds like a great user experience improvement, but could've been at least black screen of death or something. Blue screen brings back bad memories for me 😉

​

Comment

Working...
                    X