Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open-Source Graphics DevRoom Returning For FOSDEM 2024

Phoronix: Open-Source Graphics DevRoom Returning For FOSDEM 2024

Luc Verhaegen has announced the return of the Graphics DevRoom for FOSDEM 2024 taking place in early February in Brussels...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

There will be:
    - Wayland 2, this time The Complete edition. For real.
    - Arcan.
    - intel drivers.
    - AMD drivers.
    - Nouveau.
    - That popular Apple ARM SoC.
    - A Chinese or Taiwanese company shows a extremely powerful sub -$300USD Linux-only GPU.
    - Linux gaming stuff, Valve, SDL, open source gaming and others. ScummVM.
    - Vulkan 2. This time gets all compute and sound features, OpenCL and CUDA irrelevant because they developed an extention very complete Open Source SDK.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
      There will be:
      - Arcan.
      - intel drivers.
      - AMD drivers.
      - Nouveau.
      - That popular Apple ARM SoC.
      - A Chinese or Taiwanese company shows a extremely powerful sub -$300USD Linux-only GPU.
      - Linux gaming stuff, Valve, SDL, open source gaming and others. ScummVM.
      - Vulkan 2. This time gets all compute and sound features, OpenCL and CUDA irrelevant because they developed an extention very complete Open Source SDK.
      Arcan ftw. We need DE's to start supporting Arcan.

Comment

The HPC, Big Data and Data Science devroom also returns. We're still looking for titles + short abstract for talks:

PC, Big Data, and Data Science Devroom at FOSDEM'24
        ================================================== ==

https://hpc-bigdata-fosdem24.github.io - https://fosdem.org/2024

** Call for Participation **

Submission deadline: Friday 1 Dec 2023
        Devroom date: Sat 3 Feb 2024

We are proud to announce the 9th edition of the HPC, Big Data and Data Science devroom at FOSDEM 2024 in Brussels (Belgium).

It is organised by representatives of the HPC, Big Data, and Data Science communities, who are joining forces to bring them together.

The devroom will take place during the FOSDEM'24 weekend, on Saturday 3 February 2024, and is open for everybody to join (no registration required).

Join us to enjoy a variety of talks, demos and interesting discussions on open-source HPC, Big Data, and Data Science.

Sounds interesting? Submit your talk proposal, and see you at FOSDEM'24!

Submissions are light weight: basically talk title + short description, plain text.

Please visit the website for more information, and consider sharing this call for participation with friends and colleagues.

Contact us via email at [email protected] with questions or concerns, or via @fosdem_hpc on Twitter/X.​

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Arcan ftw. We need DE's to start supporting Arcan.
          if Arcan can support most wayland protocols and have good x support (even if via xwayland) that would be massive, I would swap in a heart beat, but last time I tried it didn't work out too well for me

Comment

Originally posted by wpoely86 View Post
            The HPC, Big Data and Data Science devroom also returns. We're still looking for titles + short abstract for talks:
            Will AMD and others be there?

About Open-Source Graphics DevRoom 2024: What about actively inviting Arcan?

Thanks for your attention!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

if Arcan can support most wayland protocols and have good x support (even if via xwayland) that would be massive, I would swap in a heart beat, but last time I tried it didn't work out too well for me
              Ask in their Discord channel, they're very supportive

Comment

There will be:
                What's Wayland 2?

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post

What's Wayland 2?
                  This and other stuff...

Comment

Ask in their Discord channel, they're very supportive
                    I would if i didn't hate discord for devel stuff, they have a matrix/tgram/irc bridged by any chance?

Comment

Working...
                    X