Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OpenMandriva Lx 5.0 Released: Powered By Linux 6.6 LTS, Their Last Release On Plasma 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenMandriva Lx 5.0 Released: Powered By Linux 6.6 LTS, Their Last Release On Plasma 5

Phoronix: OpenMandriva Lx 5.0 Released: Powered By Linux 6.6 LTS, Their Last Release On Plasma 5

Over four years after the debut of OpenMandriva Lx 4.0 and in the interim since also working on the ROME rolling-release platform, OpenMandriva Lx 5.0 finally debuted today...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:
    Linux 6.0 LTS kernel

Comment

Cookie
      Should be Cooker.

Comment

Okay, I'm confused. But I'm old and that happens a lot

What does "/ and /usr are merged" mean? Did /usr used to be in the root directory?

Comment

Originally posted by muncrief View Post
          Okay, I'm confused. But I'm old and that happens a lot

What does "/ and /usr are merged" mean? Did /usr used to be in the root directory?
          Probably, similar to https://www.linux-magazine.com/Issue...bian-usr-Merge.

Comment

Originally posted by domih View Post
            That was very interesting. Thank you domih

Comment

OpenMandriva is the one that builds everything with clang, is it not?

Comment

Originally posted by scottishduck View Post
                OpenMandriva is the one that builds everything with clang, is it not?
                Yes , Clang is used by fault (only a few packages use GCC like glibc).

Comment

Is Mandriva still AMD-optimized? Perhaps phoronix could do some bench-comparison in some future?

Comment

Originally posted by lejeczek View Post
                    Is Mandriva still AMD-optimized? Perhaps phoronix could do some bench-comparison in some future?
                    Yes, there is znver ISO optimized for AMD Zen processors. You can download it here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ope...1.iso/download

Comment

Working...
                    X