Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME Shell Lands Improved Icon & Text Scaling

Phoronix: GNOME Shell Lands Improved Icon & Text Scaling

GNOME Shell has merged a set of 35 patches to fix/improve icon and text scaling support, especially when using the Large Text mode for accessibility...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I definitely hit the weird shell scaling stuff when i have it set to 150% display scaling but i dont use large text modem. I wonder if this will help or of its just limited to that

Comment

A little off topic, but the image under the article made me wonder: was there a reason for replacing the darkened background with the solid gray?

Comment

Can Gnome do mixed scaling yet? so a 1st Laptop Screen has one Scale Size and a when connected to a 2nd Desktop Display both displays are not limited to one size fits all where one screen is odd and the other is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
          Can Gnome do mixed scaling yet? so a 1st Laptop Screen has one Scale Size and a when connected to a 2nd Desktop Display both displays are not limited to one size fits all where one screen is odd and the other is fine.
          Sure it can. For a long time.

Comment

Pretty sure the wayland session has been able to do that for a while. How performant it is i dont know as I only used it on a laptop but its been there

Comment

As long as you keep any X related software out of the mix, then different DPI and scaling should be fine and have been for quite a while.

Comment

Unless it is symbolic icons that function as part of text / emoji embed within the flow of text, I don't see why there should be so many things following the text scaling. With native fractional scaling support on the horizon, text scaling should be just for getting text bigger / smaller in comparison to other UIs. Especially a no-no for margin/padding.

Comment

Working...
                X