Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME Developers Working On USB Portal Integration, Updated Phosh

Phoronix: GNOME Developers Working On USB Portal Integration, Updated Phosh

With the recent €1M in funding from the Sovereign Tech Fund, GNOME developers remain quite busy working on improving the accessibility and security of the GNOME desktop...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thanks to gnome devs who keep leading innovations to linux desktop and make it so other projects can easily implement in their desktop, but more importantly, giving others courage to implement new shiny features by giving example with gnome's own well made implementation

Comment

GNOME is exploring the state of speech synthesizers on Linux and screen readers.
      It would be great if they could bring the standard synthesizers like espeak closer to the state of the art or integrate something more modern to speachd.

Comment

Originally posted by oleid View Post

It would be great if they could bring the standard synthesizers like espeak closer to the state of the art or integrate something more modern to speachd.
        Last time I tried espeak it sounded like an original macintosh. Not human-like at all.

Comment

Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post
          Thanks to gnome devs who keep leading innovations to linux desktop and make it so other projects can easily implement in their desktop, but more importantly, giving others courage to implement new shiny features by giving example with gnome's own well made implementation
          Cringe.

Comment

I want to like GNOME but the biggest thing that puts me off about it is how on vanilla GNOME you have to install extensions for basic functionality like minimize buttons and pinned docks. I expect that kind of stuff to be built in by default and opt out.

Comment

Originally posted by openminded View Post

Cringe.
              Graucho?

Comment

Originally posted by openminded View Post

Cringe.
                Your name is a oxymoron to your closed minded comment.

What a antivirtue, if life was a TV Series you would all be satire.

Comment

Originally posted by dylanmtaylor View Post

Last time I tried espeak it sounded like an original macintosh. Not human-like at all.
                  Actually, I am happy with the robotic-sounding voice of eSpeak.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
                    Don't worry, your comment is cringe as well!
                    Last edited by openminded; 09 December 2023, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X