No announcement yet.

One Line Patch Doubles Mesa NVK Performance For Talos Principle... To 18 FPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Line Patch Doubles Mesa NVK Performance For Talos Principle... To 18 FPS

Phoronix: One Line Patch Doubles Mesa NVK Performance For Talos Principle... To 18 FPS

A patch merged this weekend for Mesa 24.0-devel is helping the performance of the open-source NVK Vulkan driver for NVIDIA GPUs but the performance remains well short still of the proprietary NVIDIA Linux graphics driver stack...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

"This is the perf MR you've all been waiting for.": https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/...requests/26615

Comment

Anyway, the patch was posted by "M Henning​", which in https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/...5#note_2201504 says: "This is without GSP, so not too surprising.".

Comment

AMD driver, even with first party help, took a while. The NVK journey will be a lot of small fixes like this eventually adding up to a first-class experience.

Comment

In Europe (PAL region) we were playing Ocarina of Time on N64 with 17FPS, and it was great.

Comment

ludicrous_speed.jpg
            Ludicrous frames. Go!

Comment

Has anyone been doing some comprehensive phoronix benchmark Vulkan performance tests to spot areas to focus on for improvement?

Comment

'The Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.'

Or as a practical example, I would ask someone whether they could reach a ledge 20 feet off the ground. After they said no, I would bring out a ladder and ask again.

Comment

Originally posted by Teggs View Post
                  'The Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.'

Or as a practical example, I would ask someone whether they could reach a ledge 20 feet off the ground. After they said no, I would bring out a ladder and ask again.
                  *looks at ten foot ladder*

Still no.

Comment

Originally posted by scottishduck View Post
                    AMD driver, even with first party help, took a while. The NVK journey will be a lot of small fixes like this eventually adding up to a first-class experience.
                    But the AMD driver wasn't actively hindered with locked firmware and other methods. It will be more like nouveau, if I have to guess.

Comment

Working...
                    X