Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SVT-AV1 1.8 Brings More Performance Improvements Plus ARM Neon SIMD Optimizations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SVT-AV1 1.8 Brings More Performance Improvements Plus ARM Neon SIMD Optimizations

Phoronix: SVT-AV1 1.8 Brings More Performance Improvements Plus ARM Neon SIMD Optimizations

SVT-AV1 v1.8 was released this week as the newest version of this open-source AV1 video encoder originally started by Intel and continues to be developed by Intel engineers in cooperation with the Alliance for Open Media. As with most releases, optimizing this CPU-based AV1 encoder's performance continues to be a key priority...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael

Strangely I don't remember libaom 3.8 being announced here on Phoronix:

Comment

Cool!
      But one thing that I don't like about AV1 or this SVT-AV1 is the fact that in MKV containers it is not shown the version of this library, what it has been compiled with and which encoding options were used, like you can easily see for HEVC.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
        Cool!
        But one thing that I don't like about AV1 or this SVT-AV1 is the fact that in MKV containers it is not shown the version of this library, what it has been compiled with and which encoding options were used, like you can easily see for HEVC.
        Make sure to report a bug for it:

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
          Cool!
          Not just with MKV container. The same can be said with other containers. Thus makes me think it is not because of the container you use

Comment

Working...
          X