Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enlightenment 0.26 Released With Various Improvements

Phoronix: Enlightenment 0.26 Released With Various Improvements

It's been two years since the release of Enlightenment 0.25 and now just ahead of Christmas there is Enlightenment 0.26 released by Carsten Haitzler...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Too little too late.

Enlightenment died a decade ago... how sad.

Comment

I recently tried working on some glyph rendering thing in Terminology and was even considering doing the kitty image protocol to get broot to show previews and such but I kept double freeing and casting incorrectly with all these "static void" foobar()" and ended up giving up when gdb just couldn't backtrace for some reason. It's probably just a bug on my stack but it got me wondering why won't Rasterman stop fighting C and just roll his own language with lifetimes ownership (between Factor, Dyon and Carp ?) fits that programming paradigm better.

Well, I still use Terminology (alternating between foot and kitty for different stuff...) since I just can't get anything else to render as well... So, congrats on the new EFL release.

Comment

Still the only well working WM++ with shared home across multiple clients. So I stuck with it since 0.17

Comment

I heard C++ is a thing 🤔

Comment

Originally posted by bash2bash View Post
            Too little too late.

Enlightenment died a decade ago... how sad.
            So wrong that Enlightenment, notably its libraries, is used by Samsung under Tizen especially the SmartTV, Smartwatch and appliances. It will be hardly surprise Enlightenment libraries are also used on Samsung DeX.

Comment

Wayland or x11 only?

Comment

Originally posted by arun54321 View Post
                Wayland or x11 only?
                Their Wayland support still kind of works

Comment

I remember when Enlightenment was considered the most heavyweight window manager. How the turn tables.

Comment

Originally posted by tchiwam View Post
                    Still the only well working WM++ with shared home across multiple clients. So I stuck with it since 0.17
                    What do you mean by shared home in this context?

Comment

Working...
                    X