Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME Shell & Mutter 46 Alpha Released

Phoronix: GNOME Shell & Mutter 46 Alpha Released

In preparing for the GNOME 46 Alpha release, this morning the "46.alpha" builds of GNOME Shell and Mutter were published...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

GNOME is deprecated.
    It's time to move on from that outdated, broken and notoriously insecure software.

Comment

Originally posted by hf_139 View Post
      GNOME is deprecated.
      It's time to move on from that outdated, broken and notoriously insecure software.
      Feel free to use something else and never come again to share your resentment about a project that doesn't concern you...

Comment

Originally posted by Okki View Post

Feel free to use something else and never come again to share your resentment about a project that doesn't concern you...
        It did conern me, until it produced one of the most serious RCE exploits in the history of FOSS, followed by the most unstable DE i ever experienced, GNOME 45.
        Even worse, because a wayland mutter crash takes the whole system down with it. Not like during xorg, where it recovered and the applications were still there.
        It's weird how GNOME ended up with the worst wayland implementation out there, even thought that they advertise it as stable for 2.5 years now.

Comment

It did conern me, until it produced one of the most serious RCE exploits in the history of FOSS, followed by the most unstable DE i ever experienced, GNOME 45.
          Even worse, because a wayland mutter crash takes the whole system down with it. Not like during xorg, where it recovered and the applications were still there.
          It's weird how GNOME ended up with the worst wayland implementation out there, even thought that they advertise it as stable for 2.5 years now.
          I've been using Gnone Wayland for almost 2 years and it works great.
          Nvidia's wayland drivers do not however, so if you are using a NVidia GPU, then this is why you have issues.

Comment

Gnome Wayland works pretty damn well in my experience.

Comment

Don't feed the troll...

Comment

GNOME is deprecated.
                Another old troll under different name. No, it's not winblows pal. Gnome is one of the best (next to KDE) desktop environments ever.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilHowl View Post
                  Don't feed the troll...
                  You bet I won't!!! Remote Code Execution!? Seriously!? Wow... I have NoScript and Pi-Hole and I have not had any security problems for about 16 years.

Just use what works for you.

Comment

GNOME is deprecated.
                    Sorry but why is insecure or broken? this is a Bait?

Comment

Working...
                    X