Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa's NVK Vulkan Driver Lands A Pipeline Shader Cache

Phoronix: Mesa's NVK Vulkan Driver Lands A Pipeline Shader Cache

The latest notable feature addition for Mesa 24.0 worth mentioning is to NVK, the open-source NVIDIA Vulkan driver that works with the Nouveau DRM kernel driver for providing increasingly robust Vulkan API support on this alternative to NVIDIA's proprietary graphics driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

As per my calculations, now 'shaderFloat16​' (part of 'VK_KHR_shader_float16_int8') is the last feature needed for NVK to expose Vulkan 1.3 support! Huge poggies in chat

Comment

Not directly on the topic of PIpeline Shader Cache, but on Mesa Vulkan Drivers:

Regarding the discussion about "explicit synchronization":

This seems to be largely about swapchain images and their hand-off. And there seem to be only two alternating owners: client side GPU driver, and compositor (or compositor GPU driver).

So isn't possible to just have a global list of swapchain images, with an entry for each swapchain image, where client and compositor offer a bitmap of synchronization methods they offer, and the other side picks one of them. With maybe 2 posix semaphores as a fallback, 1 for each direction, or a pipe or whatever.

In other words, I have a hard time understanding the difficulty.

Comment

good job Neo! 😎

Comment

Great to see NVK progressing nicely!

Comment

NVK developers doing a good job again !

I hope after Vulkan 1.3 conformance we can expect to see per-application fixes, and that is where more users can benefit and NVK gets more attention

Comment

Working...
            X