Firefox 122 Available With Official Debian Package, Many Web Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 122 Available With Official Debian Package, Many Web Improvements

Phoronix: Firefox 122 Available With Official Debian Package, Many Web Improvements

Today marks the first Mozilla Firefox feature release of 2024 with quite a number of new features to showcase in the newly-published Firefox 122...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Also new with Firefox 122.0 is Mozilla providing an official Debian package alongside their generic Linux builds.
    This is great news.

Comment

And Google Chrome is still on 120!

Comment

More background on ULPFEC

ULPFEC is a common term used in the WebRTC environment. Learn more in the WebRTC Glossary where all relevant terms are explained! Learn more!

Comment

Originally posted by chromer View Post
          And Google Chrome is still on 120!
          Nope it's 121
          ## VGA ##
          AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
          Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

cant wait til they rewrite 100% in safe zig.

Comment

Anyone know the likelihood of Canonical backing out of their decision to go with snap for Firefox and going with this official deb instead? Hell freeze over territory?

Comment

Hell freeze over territory. They don't seem diminished in their snap ambitions, what was that headline recently about expanding snap beyond ubuntu officially? If they ever actually stop half assing wide support of snaps then maybe they'd be getting somewhere with adoption. Hope they continue in the canonical fashion of dropping the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by estan View Post
                  Anyone know the likelihood of Canonical backing out of their decision to go with snap for Firefox and going with this official deb instead? Hell freeze over territory?
                  Isn't this a pointless question? Canonical will give up on snaps when they give up on snaps altogether. They won't stop packaging one app as a snap when they're packaging everything else as snap too. Duh!

Comment

Firefox Mobile with uBlock and Background play fix addons is my goto Youtube "app". The only thing I miss is the "cast" button which does not exist unless I open the video in the official Youtube app.

Anyone knows if there is a way to cast to TV from Firefox mobile?

Comment

Working...
                    X