No announcement yet.

OBS Studio 30.1 Beta Released With AV1 For VA-API & AV1 For WebRTC/WHIP Output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBS Studio 30.1 Beta Released With AV1 For VA-API & AV1 For WebRTC/WHIP Output

Phoronix: OBS Studio 30.1 Beta Released With AV1 For VA-API & AV1 For WebRTC/WHIP Output

Following the release of OBS Studio 30.0 last November, OBS Studio 30.1 Beta 1 was released today as what will be the next feature release for this open-source software that is popular with livestreamers and other game streaming / desktop recording purposes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Also exciting on the Linux side is adding a video capture device of PipeWire for the source type, for further enhancing the integration around the PipeWire audio/video streams management solution for the Linux desktop.
    This will be useful. I tried screen recording some video with OBS a couple weeks ago in Gnome wayland sessions and the audio and video streams were constantly misaligned. Maybe running audio through pipewire will help?

To be fair to OBS, I didn't try much in terms of troubleshooting, and since OBS does have a huge amount of config options it's possibly something I could have fixed. But I was very much hoping it would work without a lot of tinkering.

Comment

Working...
    X