Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 6.8 Is Very Exciting With Intel Xe Driver, Raspberry Pi 5 Graphics & New Hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 6.8 Is Very Exciting With Intel Xe Driver, Raspberry Pi 5 Graphics & New Hardware

Phoronix: Linux 6.8 Is Very Exciting With Intel Xe Driver, Raspberry Pi 5 Graphics & New Hardware

Linux 6.8 could debut as stable as soon as tomorrow if all goes well... Linus Torvalds last week was unsure whether an extra release candidate would be needed after the quiet 6.8-rc7 release. This week's seen a continued flow of fixes land, so we'll see what Linus decides on Sunday but in any event there are already a number of early 6.9 pull requests...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This will be my first test of the promise by Cachyos to make ZFS support a primary goal. In the past when a new kernel was released I'd either have go back to an ancient LTS kernel, or constantly struggle to keep the last supported kernel updated with security patches until ZFS supported the new kernel. But hopefully Cachyos will do that work for me now, which is why I recently switched both my workstation and media server from Arch and Manjaro to Cachyos. It's been working great on both systems by the way, and while I haven't done any benchmarks both systems indeed feel zippier.

Comment

Working...
    X