RHEL 9.4 Beta Brings Full Support For Intel SGX & DSA Accelerator Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RHEL 9.4 Beta Brings Full Support For Intel SGX & DSA Accelerator Drivers

Phoronix: RHEL 9.4 Beta Brings Full Support For Intel SGX & DSA Accelerator Drivers

Red Hat has made the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9.4 Beta available to their customers this week for those wanting to test the next iteration of RHEL9...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm sure that the Rocky Linux, Alma Linux, Oracle Linux and all the others that make RH spins can't wait to get their hands on this.

Comment

Great, I didn't know I already had all these new features! - Centos Stream user.

Comment

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post
        I'm sure that the Rocky Linux, Alma Linux, Oracle Linux and all the others that make RH spins can't wait to get their hands on this.
        Red Hat has certainly been waiting long enough to get their hands on it (and for free like everyone else).

Comment

nice! I would also mention PostgreSQL 16 and Go 1.21 as much appreciated upgrades

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
            Red Hat has certainly been waiting long enough to get their hands on it (and for free like everyone else).
            Your comment makes no sense, Red Hat is the one that created it.

I suggest you think about what it is you are trying to say and restructure your comment accordingly.

Comment

Your comment makes no sense, Red Hat is the one that created it.
              You think Intel didn't write the SGX & DSA Accelerator driver?

I suggest you think about what it is you are trying to say and restructure your comment accordingly.
              I suggest you delete your account entirely.
              Last edited by kpedersen; 27 March 2024, 01:55 PM.

Comment

You think Intel didn't write the SGX & DSA Accelerator driver?
                The difference between Red Hat and any other Linux vendor is that Red Hat, along with Intel, and some other large companies, is a Platinum member of the Linux Foundation and contributes at least 500k a year to the development of the Linux kernel.

This is in addition to all the code they have contributed over the years.

Rocky has taken Red Hat's work and raised over 30 million dollars in just a few years from it and Alma has raised at least a million bucks a year from Red Hat's code.

That is the difference, Red Hat and Intel are contributors to Linux, both in terms of code and cash, lot's of it, and Rocky, Alma, et al, are thieves that are effectively stealing millions of dollars from Red Hat per year.

See the difference?

I suggest you delete your account entirely.
                If I did that the level of Linux knowledge would drop by about 54.3%.

I can't do that to this forum, there needs to be at least one guy that is a neutral, non-partisan commentator that is fair and balanced.

Comment

The difference between Red Hat and any other Linux vendor is that Red Hat
                  They still didn't write the SGX & DSA Accelerator driver. They are downstream consumers / integrators just like Rocky, Alma, Oracle.

Your statement that Red Hat created it is categorically wrong and perhaps you should edit that post.

Comment

Your statement that Red Hat created it is categorically wrong and perhaps you should edit that post.
                    I never said that RH created it, I literally said:

This is an accurate statement because these three have explicitly stated that they take RH's releases and create rebranded versions that are binary compatible and bit for bit identical to Red Hat Proper.

That means that these projects will not include anything that is not included in the official Red Hat release, so if they want to offer Full Support For Intel SGX & DSA Accelerator Drivers​ they have to wait until RH releases a version that supports this.

What do you think the over/under is before we see an article on Phoronix stating that Rocky/Alma/Oracle have started offering Full Support For Intel SGX & DSA Accelerator Drivers​​?

I say 7.5 days.

Comment

Working...
                    X