Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt Creator 13 Released For Enhancing Qt/C++ Development

Phoronix: Qt Creator 13 Released For Enhancing Qt/C++ Development

Following the release of the Qt 6.7 toolkit earlier this week, released today is the Qt Creator 13 integrated development environment. Qt Creator is the Qt/C++ tailored IDE aimed to help accelerate developer productivity with tight Qt integration and supporting a variety of features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The flatpak is still on Qt Creator 8.

Comment

Is it just me, or this still surprisingly poor GUI and usability given that it's from an entity that's making a GUI library? Last time I tried it, it was still very rigid and "set" in it's way of working. Not that I've tried it again yet, but it doesn't sound like it's improving on that front

Comment

Originally posted by AHSauge View Post
        Is it just me, or this still surprisingly poor GUI and usability given that it's from an entity that's making a GUI library? Last time I tried it, it was still very rigid and "set" in it's way of working. Not that I've tried it again yet, but it doesn't sound like it's improving on that front
        I like their UI. After using many UIs I started to dislike very changeable UIs because they are so often full of bugs and not very polished.

What is much worse is that the add features like a custom UI for compiler explorer. Why should I use this really simple UI instead of compiler explorer? It would have been much more useful if the have shipped a local version of compiler explorer, so I can easily lookup local code.

Comment

Qt-creator has been the editor I chose some 6 years ago, after trying many others. And with every new release of a competing editor, and updates to qt-creator, for me, qt-creator was the winner. The fixed set of functions, and the ability to get things done, because I have learned/assimilated the key commands, as well as it keeping a brief history of past edits, makes it a winner for me. It is my first goto graphics based editor. (In terminal mode I use VIM).

Comment

Originally posted by lsatenstein View Post
            Qt-creator has been the editor I chose some 6 years ago, after trying many others. And with every new release of a competing editor, and updates to qt-creator, for me, qt-creator was the winner. The fixed set of functions, and the ability to get things done, because I have learned/assimilated the key commands, as well as it keeping a brief history of past edits, makes it a winner for me. It is my first goto graphics based editor. (In terminal mode I use VIM).
            Similar experience. Except I almost didn't use QtCreator any longer after switching to vim. The only thing better in QtCreator is C/C++ debugging (*way* better; debugging in vim is "possible", but a pain). And of course Qt-GUIs (which incidentally I don't write any longer). If QtCreator had LSP support, I'd give it another try, with vim-motions this time.

Comment

Qt Creator is just awesome, it's been my favorite C++ IDE since ever 👍

Comment

I like their GUI as well. Especially the two panels one. The combo boxes for choosing on which file you're working on in a given panel are much clearer than vscode's cluttered tabs design.

Comment

Originally posted by AHSauge View Post
                  It's just you....

Comment

Can you smarter people help me out? I couldn't make sense of licenses and pricing, at least here on mobile.

I though qt creator was closed source and paid software. Now it appears it has been Foss all along, Wikipedia says its GPL3 only, on qt.io I believe it says (l) gpl.

But then there's I think qt design tools and qt development tools that are a few thousand per seat. But in the feature comparison there is not "free" to compare the features.

Can anyone point me to the correct Web page? Searching and asking copilot just made me feel dumber and not closer to understanding

Comment

Working...
                    X