Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• openSUSE Leap Micro 6 Reaches Alpha

Phoronix: openSUSE Leap Micro 6 Reaches Alpha

openSUSE's Leap Micro OS that caters to containerized and virtualized workloads by providing a lightweight and reliable foundation is embarking on its next major release. The openSUSE Leap Micro 6.0 operating system is now available in alpha form...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

does it have an antique frankenkernel like leap do?

Comment

Originally posted by szymon_g View Post
      does it have an antique frankenkernel like leap do?
      What you call antique I call rock, solid and stable. I get paid to produce, and with Leap, I know my workstation is going to fire up and run which is all I care about.

Comment

So is this like Alpine Linux and Ubuntu Core?

Comment

Originally posted by dekernel View Post
          What you call antique I call rock, solid and stable. I get paid to produce, and with Leap, I know my workstation is going to fire up and run which is all I care about.
          You are lucky. For me, Leap introduced around 4 regressions in last 9 kernel upgrades. Luckily booting previous non buggy kernel is easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Leinad View Post

You are lucky. For me, Leap introduced around 4 regressions in last 9 kernel upgrades. Luckily booting previous non buggy kernel is easy.
            this is my experience with franken-kernels. I get that mainline isn't always perfect but it seems like a dice roll either way to me so I stick to the cutting edge.

Comment

Originally posted by Leinad View Post

Nope, can't happen with a rock solid, stable not-released-last-month kernel. [/s]

Comment

Working...
              X