Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 6.0.4 Ships With Dozens Of Bug Fixes

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 6.0.4 Ships With Dozens Of Bug Fixes

It's been three weeks since the Plasma 6.0.3 point release while today KDE has shipped Plasma 6.0.4 as its April bug-fix release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

OpenSuSE Tumbleweed w/ full disk encryption, KDE6 + Wayland just works.

This is the first time I use Wayland as my daily driver and have not switched back. There's a little flicker sometimes on XWayland apps and window positioning/ location remembering is a bit off. But the advantages (faster all over, font scaling, more secure) make up for it.

Comment

The good getting better 🚀

Comment

Michael

on the system pverview page

Comment

I wonder if they will backport explicit sync. I thought they might so it at least for Nvidia's sake, but if so, would Intel and AMD also reap early benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
            I wonder if they will backport explicit sync. I thought they might so it at least for Nvidia's sake, but if so, would Intel and AMD also reap early benefits.
            I believe there's a merge request to backport it to 6.0, although 6.1 isn't far off, it will probably even make it in time for Ubuntu 24.10

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
              this won't happen. maybe you can find a custom patched version, but your best bet is plasma 6.1. Nvidia isn't even supporting it yet so it doesn't matter.
              Sadly these things take time. Just like the bug I'm personally waiting on being fixed (reported it and everything)

Basically if you set your panels up so you have a horizontal panel and a vertical panel (in my case replicating a unity like setup), the vertical panel glitches and likes to hang off the screen. It doesn't impact usability but it drives me crazy. I wish the kde devs had more manpower, if I ever get good at c++ maybe I'll take a stab at helping out.

Comment

Originally posted by Noitatsidem View Post

this won't happen. maybe you can find a custom patched version, but your best bet is plasma 6.1. Nvidia isn't even supporting it yet so it doesn't matter.
                Sadly these things take time. Just like the bug I'm personally waiting on being fixed (reported it and everything)

Basically if you set your panels up so you have a horizontal panel and a vertical panel (in my case replicating a unity like setup), the vertical panel glitches and likes to hang off the screen. It doesn't impact usability but it drives me crazy. I wish the kde devs had more manpower, if I ever get good at c++ maybe I'll take a stab at helping out.
                I think I have something like this. I use just one vertical panel. At startup, I have to enter and leave edit mode to fix it. I tried remaking the panel from scratch but no luck. Using 5.27 on Fedora 39.

I've never seen this behavior before, but at least I have a workaround

Comment

It's been a long time since I was genuinely excited for a new DE release. I'm using Fedora 39, with Plasma 5 on Wayland (AMD graphics) and it's been really great. Looking forward to the first Fedora spin with KDE 6!

Comment

Originally posted by diegodamohill View Post

I believe there's a merge request to backport it to 6.0, although 6.1 isn't far off, it will probably even make it in time for Ubuntu 24.10
                    linux-drm-syncobj-v1 allows drivers and apps to synchronize KWin's buffer access to their rendering, and synchronize their rendering to KWin's buffer release. This fixes severe glitches with the proprietary...

Comment

Working...
                    X