Linux Foundation, Intel & Others Launch The Open Platform for Enterprise AI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Foundation, Intel & Others Launch The Open Platform for Enterprise AI

Phoronix: Linux Foundation, Intel & Others Launch The Open Platform for Enterprise AI

The Linux Foundation along with industry stakeholders like Intel, Red Hat, Hugging Face, MariaDB, Cloudera, and others have launched the Open Platform for Enterprise AI (OPEA) as a new enterprise AI collaborative effort...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

OpenAI is now ClosedAI. I really hope initiatives like this kicks the butts of OpenAI and their Microsoft overlords.

EDIT: Microsoft is inboard, so this seems weird. Can anyone please understand ehat is this then? I dont get it, really. Microsoft is the owner of OpenAI in practice, the puppet master and their own big AI research labs.
    Last edited by timofonic; 16 April 2024, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
      OpenAI is now ClosedAI. I really hope initiatives like this kicks the butts of OpenAI and their Microsoft overlords.

EDIT: Microsoft is inboard, so this seems weird. Can anyone please understand ehat is this then? I dont get it, really. Microsoft is the owner of OpenAI in practice, the puppet master and their own big AI research labs.
      like you were ever going to have the compute to train an AI... get real, right now the computational power needed for training models is WELL BEYOND MOST normal people's abilities, or hell even groups...

Most of the models are pretty decent, so for one I'd be happy to have what you can get... which in my case is self hosted, and it's mostly NOT that bad, certainly better than years ago...

Is it helpful? Eh... Im not sure yet, probably meh at the end of the day for self hosted although I have NOT tried code oriented self hosted models yet, been stuck on generative AI image models, which are a game unto themselves...

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
        the explanation is the same as 30 years ago with openGL... microsoft was only in the kronos group to sapotage the openGL standard.
        Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

I would prefer to see the Linux foundation launching an initiative to make a reference desktop distro model so that developers stop giving up on linux because of the crazy fragmentation.
          Last edited by rmfx; 17 April 2024, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X