No announcement yet.

ROCm 6.1 Released With Ubuntu 22.04.4 Support, rocDecode For AMD Video Decode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROCm 6.1 Released With Ubuntu 22.04.4 Support, rocDecode For AMD Video Decode

Phoronix: ROCm 6.1 Released With Ubuntu 22.04.4 Support, rocDecode For AMD Video Decode

The much anticipated ROCm 6.1 has now been released! ROCm 6.1 is heavy on new features as well as expanding official operating system coverage to include the latest Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS point release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

More AMD consumer hardware support, please.

Also, more FOSS taking advantage of it too...

Put their engineers on this!

Comment

I'm wondering if they pulled the tensile changes to support NAVI1 GPUs again. I can understand that they don't run the full test suite and have commercial support for NAVI1. But working, inofficial support should be there.

Comment

Jesus christ, i can finally remove all the backports from my rocm dockerfiles.

Comment

I can't wait to use this on the RX 6750 XT, RX 6700 XTs, RX 5700 XTs, RX 5700s, and RX 6800M we have around the house .

Comment

Originally posted by pWe00Iri3e7Z9lHOX2Qx View Post
            I can't wait to use this on the RX 6750 XT, RX 6700 XTs, RX 5700 XTs, RX 5700s, and RX 6800M we have around the house .
            Yeah, exactly what GPU's does this support? We need a new Bridgman.

Comment

"Ubuntu support"

Comment

Too little too late I stopped caring about rocm some time ago. If they can't support cards in their relevant lifespan then what's the point.

Comment

Grabbing me some popcorn and enjoying my 7900 XTX with Stable Diffusion and ollama while watching the AMD haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Lycanthropist View Post
                    Grabbing me some popcorn and enjoying my 7900 XTX with Stable Diffusion and ollama while watching the AMD haters.
                    Grabbing my AMD iGPU and struggling with hacks for any ROCm tasks to work on it.

Comment

Working...
                    X