Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audacity 3.5 Brings Cloud Project Saving, Improved BSD Support

Phoronix: Audacity 3.5 Brings Cloud Project Saving, Improved BSD Support

The Audacity open-source digital audio editor is out today with a big feature update in the form of Audacity 3.5...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

The biggest thing Audacity needs though is multithreading. There are a lot of instances where you start up some process, then sit and wait (usually not long) for it to finish when all of that could simply be done in the background on a worker thread.

Comment

One of my favorite open source apps and one that I use on a regular basis to record podcasts, both on Windows and Linux.

To me this is one of those apps that must work for me to consider a Linux distro usable, if i can't get it to work reliably then the distro has no use for me.

I have downloaded the appimage and have it open now, just to see what it brings to the table.

I don't think i will be using the cloud features, i already backup all my content to a remote server i control, I don't having it in the possession of a third party.

Comment

What happened to the telemetry controversy?
        Did they revert it in the end or did they keep it?

Comment

Originally posted by Beach View Post
          What happened to the telemetry controversy?
          Did they revert it in the end or did they keep it?
          They reverted it, but knowing the tech community, they will b*tch about it till the end of days, just like with e.g. Deepin.
          Last edited by Vistaus; 22 April 2024, 04:41 PM.

Comment

I wonder how long they will stay with wxWidgets...

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxhippy View Post
              I wonder how long they will stay with wxWidgets...
              Me too, as far as i know there is nothing wrong with wxWidgets so it seems like a decent toolkit to use.

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

When Ardour exists, how can this thing be enticing ?

PS: time to revamp the UI, it's seriously dated (to be polite).

Comment

Better BSD support is great. There are far fewer Youtube channels about the BSDs compared to Linux and they all have the same problem, hard to do screen recording! With this fix, that might be a thing of the past.

Comment

Originally posted by waxhead View Post

Me too, as far as i know there is nothing wrong with wxWidgets so it seems like a decent toolkit to use.
                    Look at the screenshot in the article. It looks very ugly.

Comment

Working...
                    X