Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine's Wayland Driver Will Finally Set The Window Title

Phoronix: Wine's Wayland Driver Will Finally Set The Window Title

A small but notable patch was merged to upstream Wine overnight: the window title for application windows is now actually set under Wayland...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That's great.

Comment

I've been using WINE's Wayland driver since v9.0-RC and I must say it's extremely good with v9.6+.

Only remaining major issue is application crash if left in a unfocused Sway Workspace for 120 seconds. I've also seen a few KDE users experience this issue

Last edited by Kjell; 24 April 2024, 08:00 AM.

Comment

"Baking since the end of February" to set the window title lol

Comment

I am currently awaiting the finalization of the remaining components of the OpenGL integration within the Wayland driver so it can be fully usable anywhere.

Comment

Wayland makes things we have taken for granted since the 80s luxury.

Comment

Originally posted by SleeepyKat View Post
              Wayland makes things we have taken for granted since the 80s luxury.
              I mean this is a Wine bug, where they just weren't setting an attribute. Hard to blame Wayland for that.

Comment

I wish they fixed the CEF issue, that prevents from using winewayland with launchers.

Comment

Originally posted by dylanmtaylor View Post

I mean this is a Wine bug, where they just weren't setting an attribute. Hard to blame Wayland for that.
                  Hard yes but certainly not impossible. You just ignore most of reality and stretch the truth. Should be no problem for many people here.

Comment

Originally posted by dylanmtaylor View Post

Don't bother, the cat was still sleepy when writing this.

Comment

Working...
                    X