Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Hat Announces RHEL AI

Phoronix: Red Hat Announces RHEL AI

Red Hat Summit 2024 is underway in Denver, Colorado... Given the times, artificial intelligence (AI) is taking a heavy presence at the event with Red Hat announcing today RHEL AI...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Now THIS actually reads like AI democratisation and empowering through openness.

Unlike the open rethoric of OpenAI and Meta (better than OpenAI but not necessarily good)

Comment

I see they're banking on the 50th mover advantage.

Comment

RHEL AI must be good at law! Is this a real "LLM"?

Comment

Don't mind me, I just wanna comment before the 7th page

Comment

Maybe it's slightly off topic, but I've found this very interesting and informative:

Throughout history, creating a complete piece of music has always been a human process. There have been attempts to compose and render songs using computers before, but frankly they weren't great.

Today, that all changes with two AI music platforms. Udio and Suno. In this episode, we'll take a look at both and talk to experts like Rick Beato to see what this means for the future of the music industry.​

Did AI Just End Music? (Now it’s Personal) ft. Rick Beato
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgvHnp9sbGM

Comment

Originally posted by dawid.mlyn View Post
              Maybe it's slightly off topic, but I've found this very interesting and informative:

Throughout history, creating a complete piece of music has always been a human process. There have been attempts to compose and render songs using computers before, but frankly they weren't great.

Today, that all changes with two AI music platforms. Udio and Suno. In this episode, we'll take a look at both and talk to experts like Rick Beato to see what this means for the future of the music industry.​

Did AI Just End Music? (Now it’s Personal) ft. Rick Beato
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgvHnp9sbGM
              I recommend also watching the recent Adam Neely video. He brings a lot of interesting points. Of course the topic is completely different, as the music industry in general is very different than "musicking", the capital incentives of each type of Turing tests, etc. So keep that in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by edxposed View Post
                RHEL AI must be good at law! Is this a real "LLM"?
                This is something that sort of pisses me off about the state of AI.

Based on what they (the big AI guys, like OpenAI) already shown and based on the type of progress they show yoy, if they tried to make an AI specifically for some very narrow domain they could have made much more of a difference.

What I mean is that for me, a layman, it seems MUCH more difficult to make things like sora and dall e and udio and copilot etc., than to make a Large "Lawyer" Model, or a MBA AI consultant etc., and truly shock the industry. Replace people for real and outright.

Maybe it's because in video (to take sora as an e.g.) we can ignore imperfections (like the Asian lady's coat lapel changing size drastically or her earrings closing and opening randomly) and in law (again, as e.g.)if there are imperfections the case or contract or document etc. might be null and void? Idk, I think focus is really misplaced currently.

Comment

I am glad that Red Hat has decided to created more software that Rocky and Alma can steal.

I wonder what all the people that claim Red Hat didn't create anything or that Linux is not where it is today because of Red Hat's efforts.

I also wonder when we will see a practical application on the desktop of these technologies and how funny it will be when Ubuntu is the first desktop oriented distro to incorporate this while Fedora never gets it because of you know what.

Comment

I hope this leads to a Desktop AI where I can treat my Linux PC like it's something out of Star Trek. With the right hardware there are some really neat things being done on Windows like being able to talk to the AI and have it come up with 3D printed parts and automating a task from a couple of sentences. The problem is that I just don't trust talking to Windows.

I'd like to be able to do the same with a Linux DE. Plug in my camera and say "Sync all the new RAWs from the camera and process them with Preset A, except use Preset B on the last 10." while I can go off and do other things. Yeah, I can script that, but I'd rather just tell the PC a couple of sentences and go on about my day.

It's fucking ironic that I'm typing this from Windows 11. I'm gonna play Elden Ring later and I prefer running anticheat mods to use Flawless Widescreen in offline mode on Windows.

As far as the subtopic goes, AI doesn't bother me when used for automation and removing repetitive tasks. Even art doesn't bother me to a certain extent. It's the quick and crappy art where the "artist" doesn't bother having the AI fix the fine details and mistakes that bothers me. IMHO, that says more about the artist than it does the AI they're using. It shows that no matter how good of technology you're using, you have to have the eye for it, your style, whatever y'all want to call it, if you don't have it you don't have it. $100,000 in premium tools won't turn a slacker into a craftsman. They'll just help the slacker produce crap faster.

I'm tabling the capitalism elephant. Modern law and the free market is barely able to handle the ​internet and the increase in productivity and the need for fewer workers in regards to more profits due to modern tools, statistics, logistics, and efficiencies. I fear what AI will do to us if left unchecked.

Comment

Working...
                    X