Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New OpenChrome Driver Release (v0.2.904)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New OpenChrome Driver Release (v0.2.904)

Phoronix: New OpenChrome Driver Release (v0.2.904)

It's been a while since the last OpenChrome driver release for VIA hardware (14 months), but in order to offer compatibility with X.Org 7.5 / X Server 1.7, the team quickly rushed out a new release.Some of the improvements made to this VIA DDX driver that competes with xf86-video-via and xf86-video-unichrome include VX800 support, basic VX855 support, CX700/VX800 integrated TMDS support, ARGB cursor support, and oanel mode-setting code rework. There's also been assorted bug-fixes and other work piling up in this driver over the past year too.The release announcement for the xf86-video-openchrome 0.2.904 driver can be found on the X.Org mailing list...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

OMFG!

I used the svn versions for the mentioned 14 months and longer. LOL. And now they really have a release. And yes, there was development. Slow but still alive. I used the old driver from Luc Verhaegen on my cle266 which was ok but later on I switched to openchrome and this has been the best working one for me. Still not really great but hey...
    Also for this I whished that the spread development would cather and concentrate on one project just bringing these stupid chips to fly. I mean this cle266 is now so old, I mean who (besides me) uses it anyway? And still no full support.
    And these VIA mini-ITX would have been so nice HTPCs, silent, low power uptake, also suitable for lightweight servers with the right boards if it wasn't for the GPUs. (Okay, a fileserver won't really need a GPU but ...)
    I'm glad to have my ATI cards in my main boxes.
    Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
      OMFG!

I used the svn versions for the mentioned 14 months and longer. LOL. And now they really have a release. And yes, there was development. Slow but still alive. I used the old driver from Luc Verhaegen on my cle266 which was ok but later on I switched to openchrome and this has been the best working one for me. Still not really great but hey...
      Also for this I whished that the spread development would cather and concentrate on one project just bringing these stupid chips to fly. I mean this cle266 is now so old, I mean who (besides me) uses it anyway? And still no full support.
      And these VIA mini-ITX would have been so nice HTPCs, silent, low power uptake, also suitable for lightweight servers with the right boards if it wasn't for the GPUs. (Okay, a fileserver won't really need a GPU but ...)
      I'm glad to have my ATI cards in my main boxes.
      I do not understand your sarcasm, Adarion. It is miracle what can do such small development team as openchrome!

Comment

Working...
      X