Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X.Org 7.5 Now Released

Phoronix: X.Org 7.5 Now Released

X Server 1.7 was released earlier this month thereby paving the way for the release of X.Org 7.5, which is finally out there this afternoon. X.Org 7.5 consists of X Server 1.7.1 and all of the latest drivers, libraries, and other modules. The key features introduced since X.Org 7.4 last year are Multi-Pointer X, X Input 2.0, input device properties, RandR 1.3, and DRI2...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

yay.... finally too bad it didn't make it for ubuntu 9.10

Comment

Does anyone know if the AMD Catalyst driver works with this? Gentoo pushed this into portage, but I'm a bit afraid to do the update.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
        Does anyone know if the AMD Catalyst driver works with this? Gentoo pushed this into portage, but I'm a bit afraid to do the update.
        Don't expect Xserver 1.7 support in 2009.

Comment

Great. Not.

Comment

they don't. And I don't think they will before 2010.

The nvidia drivers have trouble too. And downgrading is a nightmare. So.. don't touch that stuff. It was painfull.

Comment

I did touch it.

Fortunately downgrading was relatively easy; I've created binpkgs before the upgrade

Comment

Did only test vbox with xserver 1.7, that worked at least. But shouldn't Nvidia 190.36+ driver work with it?

Comment

I did touch it.

Fortunately downgrading was relatively easy; I've created binpkgs before the upgrade
                  I always create them

Comment

Just buy a better supported card if you always need the latest

Comment

Working...
                    X