Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 64-bit FreeBSD Beta Driver By Year's End

Phoronix: NVIDIA 64-bit FreeBSD Beta Driver By Year's End

With the FreeBSD 8.0 release now available, we reached out to NVIDIA to find out the status of their 64-bit BSD display driver, now that this operating system carries the necessary mmap extension support in their 64-bit kernel for their proprietary graphics driver to function. Andy Ritger, who heads the user-space side of NVIDIA's UNIX Graphics Driver team and was previously interviewed by Phoronix, provided a brief update.Ritger doesn't have a firm ETA when a 64-bit BSD display driver will be released, but he hopes soon...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

At last, I've been waiting for this for about 5 years. I have 8GB of RAM and I can only use them under windoze because of the inability of nVidia to provide a 64 bit driver - they have excuses of course, but as far as I can say they just didn't wanted to stray too much from the linux version of the driver. Of course I'm not saying that adding those functions that they requested to freebsd kernel is a bad thing - BUT WAITING 5+ YEARS IS !

Comment

Working...
    X