Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Gets A Seat With The X.Org Foundation

Phoronix: AMD Gets A Seat With The X.Org Foundation

While concerns have been raised about the state of the X.Org Foundation, the 2010 elections have ended and were not extended though it was requested by some X.Org members. The new X.Org Foundation board members include Alex Deucher, Keith Packard, Matthieu Herrb, Matthias Hopf, and Eric Anholt...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I guess that this is probably good to have agd5f there. Still I hope he won't be too distracted from driver hacking there.
    Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Good news.

Comment

It's probably worth mentioning that the elections are about individuals, not companies. The rule about limiting organizational concentration is more of a "just in case" rule AFAIK, not an indication that corporate affiliation normally makes a difference.

Anyways, thanks to all who participated, whether elected or not.
        Test signature

Comment

Does alex work for AMD? For some reason I was thinking he worked for Red Hat.

Comment

Yeah. Meaybe he should write it in his signature. agd5f=AMD.
            Arlied = RH. iirc
            Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

The candidate list for the 2010 election included affiliation information :

Test signature

Comment

Working...
              X