Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Catalyst 10.3 For Linux Released

Phoronix: AMD Catalyst 10.3 For Linux Released

AMD has just put out their monthly update of the Catalyst Linux driver. Though as we already know based upon AMD giving Ubuntu a new driver, the support for X Server 1.7 is not coming until next month, which also offers official Eyefinity support and other changes. As such, Catalyst 10.3 isn't too interesting...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Issues...

LOL, looking at those recently fixed issues reminds me of just how happy and grateful I should be for the Free drivers.

Comment

What's with the focus on eyefinity and multiple displays? Don't they have any more important bugs fix and features to add?

Comment

X-server now launches properly on systems configured with more than 4 GPUs
        Why would you ever plug in more than 4 GPUs into your PC? O_O

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
          GPU-computing systems?

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
            X-server now launches properly on systems configured with more than 4 GPUs
            LOL, support for more than 4 GPUs but still no tear-free Xv. Somehow this cartoon comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
              LOL, support for more than 4 GPUs but still no tear-free Xv. Somehow this cartoon comes to mind.

I would like to find a reason to call your cartoon BS... but I just can't

I wish I had a master superuser BDFL bugzilla account so I could do a feature freeze across the entire Linux community and force everyone on every project to at least work on show stopping bugs and basic features still lacking.

But alas... it's their time so they can spend it how they want.

Comment

The Linux driver shares a lot of core code with other OSes, so while the new features you're complaining about don't totally come for free they certainly aren't implemented from scratch for Linux. If they were it's a pretty safe bet we would tweak the feature sequence as you suggest.
                Test signature

Comment

Well the driver is still NOT available. I do not really get why that news was posted without checking the link...

Comment

Yeah, I don't know why we're seeing this type of delay each month. Seems like it started when the Windows driver links were moved across to the gaming site, but that's just the link page - shouldn't affect the actual driver images on the hosting service.

The Linux drivers are discussed in the release announcement, so it's not like anyone forgot about Linux or anything like that...
                    Test signature

Comment

Working...
                    X