Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 1.1.42 Arrives WIth New Improvements

Phoronix: Wine 1.1.42 Arrives WIth New Improvements

If you are not touring Chernobyl this weekend but instead looking to test out some new software, version 1.1.42 of Wine has arrived just as expected. There's a few new features and other improvements to this free software project that allows you to run many Windows programs on non-Microsoft operating systems...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I keep being amazed by the speed of ArchLinux packagers... because of the systemupdate I started I found out that .42 is out... only afterwards I saw the news here... great work everyone :-) *me finishes updating*

Comment

Originally posted by LordBernhard View Post
      I keep being amazed by the speed of ArchLinux packagers... because of the systemupdate I started I found out that .42 is out... only afterwards I saw the news here... great work everyone :-) *me finishes updating*
      *Off topic*

When you stop spending time messing with the code doing unneeded stuff like backporting and changing configurations, and simply spent your time packaging and testing, you get an up to date system while remaining stable. That's the Arch Way.

I have experienced what you described many times lately...

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post
        *Off topic*

When you stop spending time messing with the code doing unneeded stuff like backporting and changing configurations, and simply spent your time packaging and testing, you get an up to date system while remaining stable. That's the Arch Way.

I have experienced what you described many times lately...
        I'm a debian user and I do concur with with that.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post
          I'm a debian user and I do concur with with that.
          Well yeah, it's logical. I'm just sad so many developers don't feel that this kind of freedom is important enough to demand and strive for. It goes along with standards, too, helping everyone play on the same page. If you could just easily install a universal cross-distro package on any distro, things would be much better, too. Increase your testing base by 10 fold. It's fundamental things like these that really gives Linux strength, and thus they need to have a lot more discussion than they get.

Comment

Working...
          X