Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Were Novell's Original Goals With RadeonHD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Were Novell's Original Goals With RadeonHD?

Phoronix: What Were Novell's Original Goals With RadeonHD?

Earlier this week we reported that Novell was finally dropped the RadeonHD driver from openSUSE as they switch to using the xf86-video-ati driver with kernel mode-setting (KMS) support over using their in-house R500/600/700 driver they had developed as part of AMD's initial open-source strategy for Linux. Whenever bringing up the RadeonHD driver at Phoronix it generally leads to a heated discussion in our forums between community members, developers, and other representatives over the history of the RadeonHD driver and what really was its purpose, among other dissenting views...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

i know its a bit off topic, but the ads expand over half of the article and there s no way to close them, at least to my naive eyes
    please change that as i really cannot view articles, and i wonder if anyone else can....
    thx

Comment

Rather than telling us "what could have been", I'd prefer to know "why it never was".

Comment

still interesting

Comment

Originally posted by jakubo View Post
          i know its a bit off topic, but the ads expand over half of the article and there s no way to close them, at least to my naive eyes
          please change that as i really cannot view articles, and i wonder if anyone else can....
          thx
          What browser and screen resolution? I have no problem closing ads in Firefox or Chrome at 1400x900...

Comment

Originally posted by aliendude5300 View Post
            What browser and screen resolution? I have no problem closing ads in Firefox or Chrome at 1400x900...

Some ads are out of bounds

Comment

Originally posted by jakubo View Post
              thx
              As long its about the article its on topic right?

I have the same problem, needed to refresh the page to make it disapear.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueKoala View Post
                Some ads are out of bounds
                All ads are. Use Adblock. If something really is awesome, then it will be mentioned by someone, somewhere, eventually, as "news", not as an ad. No one wants ads. Just because someone says "Linux", or "backup", doesn't mean readers want random Linux and backup popups which take you to *obviously* biased sources. If that's how you consume, you are one sad consumer.

Call it harsh, but 99.999% of the time that's the truth.

Comment

Working...
                X