Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oracle Releases VM VirtualBox 3.2 Software

Phoronix: Oracle Releases VM VirtualBox 3.2 Software

After being in public beta for less than a month, Oracle has come out today with the VirtualBox 3.2 release of their virtualization software that came from their acquisition of Sun Microsystems...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hmm

A Mac guest is a Mac guest. Does some enterprising hacker skilled at evading Apple fundamentalists and hitmen have the source for this?

I tried running OS X on my Ubuntu Dell before, but I found it really doesn't have hardware support worth a *darn*.

Comment

Yes.

Search the virtualbox forums for customized builds that can run Mac OS X guests everywhere.

Comment

Weren't they going to stop developing Virtualbox for the public and use it exclusively internally?

Comment

Originally posted by EarthMind View Post
          Weren't they going to stop developing Virtualbox for the public and use it exclusively internally?
          I don't recall any such announcement. Got a link?

Comment

Originally posted by EarthMind View Post
            I do not think so.

Oracle also needs a product to compete with VMware in desktop virtualization market. In addition, VirtualBox is an important component of Oracle/Sun VDI product. Oracle VM Server mostly targets to server virtualization market.

Comment

It was some Oracle guy who said that in a video if I recall correctly. It could be one of these: http://www.oracle.com/us/sun/044498

Comment

Working...
              X