Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel's X.Org Driver Runs Even Faster Now

Phoronix: Intel's X.Org Driver Runs Even Faster Now

A week ago we reported that Intel's next X.Org driver (the xf86-video-intel 2.12 DDX) would render text/glyphs faster thanks to optimizations done by Chris Wilson, but this was not all that was in store for this Intel Linux driver that's updated quarterly. With the most recent Git, there are more performance optimizations...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is anyone else annoyed by the pop-up that occurs when you mouse over the Motorola H17txt advertisement on this page? It does not even have be an intentional mouse over either; you just merely need to be moving your mouse over it on the way to something else on your screen and instant pop-up. :/

Comment

Originally posted by Shining Arcanine View Post
      Is anyone else annoyed by the pop-up that occurs when you mouse over the Motorola H17txt advertisement on this page? It does not even have be an intentional mouse over either; you just merely need to be moving your mouse over it on the way to something else on your screen and instant pop-up. :/
      Yes, I have. And I am sure others, too. In fact, I have tried many times to disable AdBlock on phoronix.com as I do on nearly all sites I regularly visit in order to support them for what they do, but the overly aggressive advertisement on phoronix always annoyed me so much that I turned AdBlock back on. :/

Comment

Thanks

Thank-you Chris... your performance optimizations and bug fixes are much appreciated. There is a lot of Intel hardware out there and 2D is still very important. (And if the cost/benefit of tuning 2D is good... keep at it!)

Comment

Yeah but you screw your 3d performance upgrading

Comment

Great, thanks. Now can you make the drivers also work? 855GM is currently broken with the version shipping in Fedora 13 wrt disabled/shadowed buttons, and it hangs when trying to use Xv, and at least 945GM does not have working S-Video out with KMS, using a clock that just mess up the TV picture. It has been reported, it has been idle bugreports for some time, but apparently optimizing is funnier then trying to hunt bugs.:-P

Comment

Working...
            X