Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 2.6.35-rc2 Kernel Released

Phoronix: Linux 2.6.35-rc2 Kernel Released

With a week having passed since the release of Linux 2.6.35-rc1, Linus Torvalds has now replaced it with Linux 2.6.35-rc2. This second release candidate for the Linux 2.6.35 kernel brings more changes than Linus would have liked to see, but a bulk of the activity is happening within the kernel's driver staging area...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

When they state changes in i915, is this specifically for i915 chipset? Or is it the 'i915 driver' which covers all in xserver-xorg-video-intel (so it covers any i810, i815, i830, i845, i855, i865, i915, i945 and i965 series chips).

I have i965 chipset so wondering if these improvements would eventually get to me (ubuntu 10.10). If not, do they cover i945? I have a nettop with that in it, and I presume it would help all the 2009 netbooks.

Comment

Hi,

The driver now covers all the chipsets, yes. You will have to read the changelog for specific changes.

Comment

This release candidate also pulls in an Intel Core i7 EDAC (Error Detection and Correction) driver.
        Does it also apply to Core i5 & i3?

Comment

why no PPA for -rc2 (lucid) on mainline?

Comment

maverick is now 2.6.25 based.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
              maverick is now 2.6.25 based.
              You mean 2.6.35

Comment

Correct. Small typo

Comment

Working...
                X