Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moonlight 3.0 Approaches With New Features

Phoronix: Moonlight 3.0 Approaches With New Features

Moonlight, the de facto open-source implementation of Microsoft's Silverlight platform for Linux that leverages Mono, is nearing its 3.0 release. Moonlight 2.0 was just released a half-year ago, but Moonlight 3.0 Preview 7 was just released and it's offering up more features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

netflix works? or still no?

Comment

Is anybody actually using this stuff??

Comment

Originally posted by not.sure View Post
        Is anybody actually using this stuff??
        I doubt it. They're pushing for it to be adopted though, and a few people listen (for whatever, godforsaken reason.)

Comment

not.sure asked if anyone is using this stuff.

I too am wondering who uses Moonlight/Silverlight? Personally I think it's DOA. Very few websites require it, and I have yet run into any sites myself. Also I think with the push to HTML 5, such plugins will not be needed.

Comment

I needed it to watch videos on NBC's Olympics site, but so far, that's it.

Comment

It's good news...I guess. I'd much rather see webm and html5 video/audio tag crush Silverlight though. I'd also probably rather developer efforts go elsewhere, but if they enjoy and feel a need to make this, then I guess more power to them.

Comment

Very few websites use this crap, but among them, is my national television broadcaster, so no Moonlight, no World Cup for me...

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                  Moonlight, the de facto open-source implementation of Microsoft's Silverlight platform

Hmmm. I haven't installed Silverlight at work either, where I use MS, and none of my colleagues have done it, and the it-department have not done it. So, Moonlight won't be installed either.

Cool names, Silverlight and Moonlight. But, what is it used for? And by whom?

Isn't it just an alternative flash format, written by MS?

Comment

Yawn silverlight

Comment

Working...
                    X