Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cairo 1.10 Released With Lots Of New Work

Phoronix: Cairo 1.10 Released With Lots Of New Work

Cairo, the 2D drawing API that's used extensively within GTK+, Mono, Mozilla's Gecko engine, WebKit, and many other open-source projects, is out with a new major release. Cairo 1.10 is this major release to succeed the Cairo 1.8 stable series, which was introduced back in September of 2008...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

are the speed ups relative to 1.9 or 1.8?

Comment

any tutorial on how to use the opengl backend? The API docs don't mention an opengl surface

Comment

The API docs seem to be outdated. There are:
        cairo_glx_device_create() and cairo_gl_surface_create() methods in the source code.

and I found this using them: Performance OpenGL backend

I can't find anything on GTK

Comment

Can this version render with Wayland instead of X11?

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
            Phoronix: Cairo 1.10 Released With Lots Of New Work

Cairo, the 2D drawing API that's used extensively within GTK+, Mono, Mozilla's Gecko engine, WebKit, and many other open-source projects, is out with a new major release.
            http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODU3Nw
            Cairo isn't really used by WebKit. Apple, Google and Nokia do not use Cairo for their port at least.

Comment

I just upgraded to it, and enabled the OpenGL backend. This results in Firefox being slow as molasses...

I am not impressed.

Comment

OK, I take that back; it seems Firefox enters slow motion mode with Cairo 1.10 regardless of the chosen backend. Reverting to Cairo 1.8...

Comment

Originally posted by ethana2 View Post
                  Can this version render with Wayland instead of X11?
                  Wayland has used Cairo internally from the beginning. So yes, it still does work with Wayland.

Comment

Working...
                  X