Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 1.3.5 Betters Its Shader Model 4 Support

Phoronix: Wine 1.3.5 Betters Its Shader Model 4 Support

Wine 1.2.1 arrived last week as a bug-fix release for Wine 1.2 that was introduced back in July, but for those living with the bi-weekly development snapshots to leverage new features already in Wine 1.3 like ARM support for winelib, Wine 1.3.5 is out with more feature activity...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

and be faster as Direct3D calls simply wouldn't be converted into OpenGL.
    They wouldn't be converted? As such, they'll be faster!?

Can't wait to get a piece of that pie!

Seriously though, I think we get the point. As made clear in a few of the recent articles, you (Phoronix, the OSS or FS community, or you specifically? Could you clarify?) would really, really like to see that library included (or even just supported as an option) in wine. I think it would be nice too, to be honest; just wish it helped with older (Direct3D 9-) games. Oh well, can't always have your cake and eat it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobu View Post
      just wish it helped with older (Direct3D 9-) games. Oh well, can't always have your cake and eat it.
      There's a very similar project in the pipes for D3D9, called "nine" imaginatively enough. It's not as far along, but it does exist.

Comment

Originally posted by elanthis View Post
        There's a very similar project in the pipes for D3D9, called "nine" imaginatively enough. It's not as far along, but it does exist.
        Why not include everything with a warning in the violating headers that say "Euuuurrrropppeeeeaaannnn Uuuuuunnnniiiooooon" xD

Comment

Originally posted by Nobu View Post
          Can't wait to get a piece of that pie!
          For your sake, I hope you are waiting sitting down. It's more likely that a new windows-emulator-thingy project appears supporting that state tracker then it is for wine to add support for it.

Comment

"We certainly hope soon the Wine developers will end up hooking in optional support for the Direct3D state tracker in Gallium3D that was introduced last month and there's already optional Wine DLLs to use it"

Don't mean to sound rude or anything - but you do it if you want it so badly...

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
              For your sake, I hope you are waiting sitting down. It's more likely that a new windows-emulator-thingy project appears supporting that state tracker then it is for wine to add support for it.
              In case you missed it, and the "seriously though" wasn't enough of a hint, I was being ironic, in a sarcastic kind of way.

Comment

So do ANY DirectX10 applications work now? Any at all?

Comment

Working...
                X