Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe Flash 10.2 Brings Linux Video Acceleration

Phoronix: Adobe Flash 10.2 Brings Linux Video Acceleration

Yesterday afternoon the Adobe developers came out to release their first Adobe Flash Player 10.2 Beta for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux platforms. This Flash Player releases introduces "Stage Video", which is their new API and method for accelerating Flash video content across all platforms, including Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great news, but what about 64-bit version ?

Comment

Originally posted by Tares View Post
      Great news, but what about 64-bit version ?
      I have not tried it myself or know how reliable the source is, but you could try this:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/756984?tstart=0

Comment

[Just like the Linux Steam client, which has not been canned and is still on the way.]
        And you know this based on what evidence?

I personally think it's very likely that they were working on a Linux client, because of the leaked stuff. And I'd like to believe it's still on the cards, But when Valve have publicly stated that they are NOT working on one, you need to give a little more evidence when stating the contrary. Is there something you know that we don't?

Comment

Originally posted by dgrafenhofer View Post
          I have not tried it myself or know how reliable the source is, but you could try this:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/756984?tstart=0
          lol, its version is 10.3 d162

Comment

Competition is a good thing

Now that HTML5, silverlight, and various opensource alternatives advance rapidly, Adobe will have to work harder.

Comment

There is the 64-bit preview 3 out now also, but I don't think it has Stage Video.

Anyways, video acceleration + multimonitor video is something I didn't expect from Adobe on Linux.

Comment

Can some one do some testing, please?

Comment

I don't notice anything new here (32 bits). CPU usage is high as usual.

Comment

no 64-bits yet.

Comment

Working...
                    X