Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightspark 0.4.5 Flash Player Released

Phoronix: Lightspark 0.4.5 Flash Player Released

Lightspark, one of the most recent yet most promising free software projects to provide an open-source Adobe Flash/SWF player and plug-in, just had its 0.4.5 milestone hit. Lightspark 0.4.5 is the release that brings its new advanced graphics engine for greater GPU acceleration by leveraging OpenGL and Cairo more heavily...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

If this project proceeds reasonably well, it could easily become the defacto standard on Linux, as well as opening the door for platforms that don't get a snort from adobe, such as Haiku.
    The legacy of other libre flash replacements is not terribly encouraging, though

Comment

Have they added support for OSS or ALSA yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Raven3x7 View Post
        Have they added support for OSS or ALSA yet?
        I doubt that OSS is even considered... as for ALSA: it's my fault I have working but out of date patches on github, but I haven't been able to work on them due to lack of free time

Comment

And now

And now for improved compatibility!

Comment

Working...
          X