Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Nouveau Driver Is Moving Along Slowly But Surely

Phoronix: The Nouveau Driver Is Moving Along Slowly But Surely

The Nouveau Companion, the newsletter by the Nouveau driver developers about the progress on their NVIDIA reverse-engineering challenge for creating an open-source NVIDIA Linux driver, has its first new issue in nearly two years...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hmm hmm, it wasn't supposed to be advertised yet....

... but it shouldn't really matter anyway.

Next time, I'll put a red sign saying "DO NOT TALK ABOUT THIS YET".

If you are interested in knowing when the final version comes out, please monitor nouveau's mailing list.

Comment

"Soon" = will take months

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      Phoronix: The Nouveau Driver Is Moving Along Slowly But Surely

The code to this micro-controller compiler for NVIDIA's newest GPUs will be published soon.
      Just wanted to add, "Soon" = will take months. Sorry about that.

Comment

It might be sinful to add that casual nvidia card owner can help in progress by testing his card. For more info look at http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/TestersWanted

Comment

Puh
          I guess when I get my new laptop (460m), I'll pop into your IRC channel and you can tell me what to do...
          This is like Chinese to me:
          GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

More important, you talk about vbios updates... is there something I could break on the card doing this stuff?

Comment

Working...
          X