Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Xonotic Nexuiz-Fork Celebrates Its First Anniversary

Phoronix: The Xonotic Nexuiz-Fork Celebrates Its First Anniversary

Xonotic, a fork of the Nexuiz game, is celebrating its first birthday today, but do they have a new game release to deliver?..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nexuiz is/was a great game, but those of us who play it are an endangered species. At any given time, there are only about 25-35 players on the ENTIRE PLANET.

20 of them are on House of CTF#1, and the rest are scattered on 2 different minsta servers (minsta is so boring!!!). I hope Xonotic does better.

Comment

Originally posted by slojam View Post
      Nexuiz is/was a great game, but those of us who play it are an endangered species. At any given time, there are only about 25-35 players on the ENTIRE PLANET.

20 of them are on House of CTF#1, and the rest are scattered on 2 different minsta servers (minsta is so boring!!!). I hope Xonotic does better.
      Absolutely! I never understood why they make such a fuzz about a game played reasonably well by perhaps 100 people total.
      It's a great game though and once you're good at it it's real fun and all other FPS are ruined for you. Not much hope for xonotic though. No new players will come and old ones are going to leave.

Comment

I don't agree,

Xonotic is still a work in progress, but has already taken big steps forward in comparison to Nexuiz. Finally better player models, maps are looking great, new gametypes, better graphics and speed improvements. After the release of v0.1 many players picked it up already. I'm convinced that most of the fanbase will switch to Xonotic one it is mature enough. Looking forward to v0.2!

I'm also keeping an eye on Red Eclipse, Blood Frontier was already a lot of fun and I believe RE will kick even more ass!

Comment

Originally posted by slojam View Post

Erm I'm afraid I have to disagree with you. There are way more than 20 games played at any given moment. Even if we count only those players on the russian servers, they'll be way more than 20. And then, why do you find minsta boring? It's exactly the opposite - an extremely fast and difficult type of game. You see, it's more of a japanese type of thing, like their art of "expressing a lot with very few words or strokes". What I mean is, it's simple, yet makes you really concentrated and tense in wait of the enemy that needs only one shot to send you to hell.

Comment

Working...
          X