Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Nouveau With Gallium3D Video Decoding

Phoronix: Using Nouveau With Gallium3D Video Decoding

Yesterday we reported on the Gallium3D VDPAU state tracker being worked on more by Christian K?nig now that the XvMC state tracker for the Gallium3D driver architecture is largely complete. Christian's been focusing on bringing up the XvMC/VDPAU state trackers up on the R600g driver for the Radeon HD 2000 series GPUs and newer, but how's the code working on other Gallium3D drivers?..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

NV50 pipe-video patches

I am the developer mentioned in this article who wrote some patches for NV50 support. They're not outdated; they still apply cleanly and work properly as of a few days ago. Michael must be confused about the message, since the NV40 patches apparently don't apply, but mine do.

Anyone interested can find my patches in this branch on GitHub, although you might want to merge or rebase against the main pipe-video branch.

Comment

NV50 pipe-video patches

Also, my reply on the mailing list can be found here.

Comment

Originally posted by Plombo View Post
        I am the developer mentioned in this article who wrote some patches for NV50 support. They're not outdated; they still apply cleanly and work properly as of a few days ago. Michael must be confused about the message, since the NV40 patches apparently don't apply, but mine do.
        Yeah, if you plan to contribute, get used to phoronix misreporting things about your work. :\

Comment

Originally posted by mattst88 View Post
          Yeah, if you plan to contribute, get used to phoronix misreporting things about your work. :\
          Heh, I already am. In fact I was a bit surprised when his article about my GLSL IR to TGSI converter had no obvious mistakes, although it didn't mention my name.

Comment

Originally posted by mattst88 View Post
            That's better than no reporting at all. These things need to be advertised so that a wider audience of people who don't follow lists and don't keep an eye on repositories can learn about it.
            Keep up the good work though!

Comment

Originally posted by not.sure View Post
              That's better than no reporting at all. These things need to be advertised so that a wider audience of people who don't follow lists and don't keep an eye on repositories can learn about it.
              Misreporting is definitely not, in general, better.

Comment

If you need to avoid misreporting, just e-mail Michael a proper press release every time you do something of worth :P

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                  If you need to avoid misreporting, just e-mail Michael a proper press release every time you do something of worth :P
                  You've got to be kidding me. Fuck that.

Comment

I added vdpau/xvmc video drivers to my Ubuntu PPA. For more info see: http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...127#post209127

Comment

Working...
                    X