Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTK+ 3.2 Is Coming Along WIth New Features

Phoronix: GTK+ 3.2 Is Coming Along WIth New Features

GNOME 3.0 / GTK+ 3.0 was released just over one month ago, but already work is well under-way into developing GNOME 3.2 and with that the GTK+ 3.2 update for release later on in the year. GTK+ 3.1.2 was released in mid-April, but GTK+ 3.1.4 was released yesterday as the second development snapshot. This tool-kit update does provide more features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

GtkFileChooser (finally) remembers the last opened directory
    That means GTK 3.0 doesn't do that. I'm curious how many more flaws does new GNOME has? Anyway my next distribution will be with KDE.

Comment

Originally posted by NSLW View Post
      That means GTK 3.0 doesn't do that. I'm curious how many more flaws does new GNOME has? Anyway my next distribution will be with KDE.
      I sense some confusion here. Whether you are using new GNOME or old GNOME doesn't matter. GTK development and features are independent from that. Even if you are using KDE or another desktop environment and running GTK applications, this enhancement will still benefit you. In any case, GTK applications themselves often will remember the last opened directory. This change will push this down to the widget itself and avoid code duplication.

Comment

I did the GtkFileChooser patch (with the help of Federico)! So proud, haha!

Comment

Originally posted by stephhh View Post
          I did the GtkFileChooser patch (with the help of Federico)! So proud, haha!
          Great job, this issue has been driving people crazy for a long time!

Comment

Originally posted by NSLW View Post
            Anyway my next distribution will be with KDE.
            If you like, I could loan you $1 to call someone who cares.

Comment

Huh? It didn't do that? I thought Gnome was so full of usability?

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
                Huh? It didn't do that? I thought Gnome was so full of usability?
                That should impress you even more, then, that it was so usable without it existing at the gtk level.
                However, I sense sarcasm in your words...

Comment

Working...
                X