Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Bundle Already Pulls $100k; Here's A Contest

Phoronix: Latest Bundle Already Pulls $100k; Here's A Contest

The latest Humble Indie Bundle whereby Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux gamers can pay what they want for a collection of cross-platform, DRM-free games is off to a tremendous start. This latest bundle just went live around three hours ago, but it's already pulled in more than $100,000 USD...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cogs is really good
    In later levels it becomes a little confusing...

Comment

Speaking of cogs, anyone have any luck with it and r600g (might be my 64bit system that's causing this but still).

Cogs complains about vertex and fragment shaders not being there, but glxinfo say's they are.

Comment

and once again the Linux gamers are contributing the most with an average price of $10.36
        That's slightly misleading as Linux users are far from "contributing the most" with less than 25% of total sales.

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxAffenMann View Post
          That's slightly misleading as Linux users are far from "contributing the most" with less than 25% of total sales.
          And with an average price that is three times than the one payed on Windows, Linux needs 3 times less purchases than Windows users to reach those 20%.

So this just shows that there are very few Linux buyers, but each of them is willing to pay a proper price...

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxAffenMann View Post
            Let's say "Linux users are those who, overall, spend more per bundle".

Comment

The AndYetItMove in this bundle is the same that the one released about 1 years earlier? Do it have some more level?

Comment

I'm confused by this contest's supposed intention to help Linux gaming. If the winners are announced around the time the sale ends, then basically it's an incentive for Phoronix readers to not buy the bundle in hopes of getting a free copy... of a bundle they can buy for $1. So there's really zero good reasons to give a shit about the contest in the least, but people who do decide to care are hurting sales.

Comment

Originally posted by elanthis View Post
                  I'm confused by this contest's supposed intention to help Linux gaming. If the winners are announced around the time the sale ends, then basically it's an incentive for Phoronix readers to not buy the bundle in hopes of getting a free copy... of a bundle they can buy for $1. So there's really zero good reasons to give a shit about the contest in the least, but people who do decide to care are hurting sales.
                  Right, I didn't read about the contest
                  Maybe it's to spread the word that there is a HIB3 and if you cannot wait or you are 100% sure not to win (like me, I never won more than ?10 in the lottery) or you want to spend for childplay...

Comment

I prefer to pay 10$ than making a Twitter account.

Comment

Working...
                    X