Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu On Stuff, KVM On ARM A15, GLPROXY

Phoronix: Ubuntu On Stuff, KVM On ARM A15, GLPROXY

Besides talking about how hybrid graphics on Linux are a mess, there were many other topics talked about on this first day of the Ubuntu 12.04 Developer Summit in Orlando, Florida...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

how bout, bringing back some basic functionality first? like remote control support... like the shortcuts as they were in gnome 2... like window titles when switching between more windows of the same application (i think its in unity2d already). is there a way to shut down the computer via a hotkey (other than the power button)?... and please, please, please: get some sort of option for displaying more than one OSD for notifications! that would be awesome!
    on a sidenote... would it be possible to uninstall gwibber for instance without tearing half the system down with it?
    i think that many will agree that its sometimes the small things that make a difference, and that quality beats quantity.

and for some freaking reason my laptop starts to use the swap buffer. he never did that! i only got 1GB of RAM. but it seemed sufficient for years. And now i cant even see where the ram has gone, due to lack of widgets (or other methods to see such things the easy way)..

just my remark concerning big plans of ubuntu's... oh, and how is wayland doing by the way? any progress?

Comment

Originally posted by jakubo View Post
      how bout, bringing back some basic functionality first? like remote control support... like the shortcuts as they were in gnome 2... like window titles when switching between more windows of the same application (i think its in unity2d already). is there a way to shut down the computer via a hotkey (other than the power button)?... and please, please, please: get some sort of option for displaying more than one OSD for notifications! that would be awesome!
      on a sidenote... would it be possible to uninstall gwibber for instance without tearing half the system down with it?
      i think that many will agree that its sometimes the small things that make a difference, and that quality beats quantity.

and for some freaking reason my laptop starts to use the swap buffer. he never did that! i only got 1GB of RAM. but it seemed sufficient for years. And now i cant even see where the ram has gone, due to lack of widgets (or other methods to see such things the easy way)..

just my remark concerning big plans of ubuntu's... oh, and how is wayland doing by the way? any progress?
      Didn't you hear? Canonical doesn't actually engineer any of this, they just make announcements and leach off their awesome community?
      Sorry, I've just been getting a little annoyed with all the press they get while doing so little... besides, I think they ran over my dog

Comment

Oh well. And I hoped that systemd would go into the Ubuntu. But no, they're too NIH-crazy.

Comment

I tried Ubuntu several times, and wiped it out. I can't understand why there is bluez deamon running, while I don't have bluetooth device. I can't understand why cups is running, while I don't have printer device. I can't freaking understand, why every second service is written in Python. This f*cking mess will never go to mobile device smaller than laptop.

Comment

Working...
          X