Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CinePaint 1.0 For Linux Released

Phoronix: CinePaint 1.0 For Linux Released

CinePaint, an open-source paint/image program, has reached version 1.0...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

OMG, that has to be one of the worst webpages related to "artistic" software. Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
      OMG, that has to be one of the worst webpages related to "artistic" software. Ever.
      LOL. That is entirely true. CinePaint's page looks like an early 90s webpage experience.

@Michael

CinePaint 1.0 may not be significantly different than 0.26 , but i will say this. Many nasty annoying bugs have been dealt with. I have been using 0.27 (from git) for over a year because of a few nasty bugs in 0.26. importing into the flipbook works much better than previous releases. 0.27 was never tagged as an official release - but it was often packaged for distributions, as it was much more stable.

cheerz

Comment

I don't think they've thought about the fact that (for many people) the page reflects the artistic ability of the developers. It also reflects the (html/css) coding ability of the coders, and that page is fairly broken in Firefox. Works better in Chrome though.

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
          I don't think they've thought about the fact that (for many people) the page reflects the artistic ability of the developers. It also reflects the (html/css) coding ability of the coders, and that page is fairly broken in Firefox. Works better in Chrome though.
          I don't think that really matters dude. Personally, i could care less about a developer's artistic skill. One should be more concerned with their coding skills. I'm not so sure, if the webpage reflects their coding skill -> It's likely that they just don't give a crap about the website...

CinePaint is only really used by a few certain types of people, most of whom probably don't need to visit the website to decide if they want (or need) to use it. They will use it because it makes sense for what they are trying to accomplish. ie: editing hundreds of film frames in succession, editing high-fidelity images / formats (stuff gimp doesn't support), etc.

However, that being said - if you don't like their website, you could always get in touch with them, and see if they would like a face-lift to the website. It sounds like you could do a better job.

cheerz

Comment

Working...
          X