Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QEMU 1.0 Officially Released With Many Features

Phoronix: QEMU 1.0 Officially Released With Many Features

Just as expected, QEMU 1.0 was officially released this week. QEMU 1.0 offers up some new features in the virtualization world...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm guessing virtio should still be faster than this new SCSI pass-through?

Comment

To me virtualization, weekly wine release notes & cloud computing are the most boring news on phoronix.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
        To me virtualization, weekly wine release notes & cloud computing are the most boring news on phoronix.
        perhaps that's because you don't have a need, or financial imperative, or just for a bit of plain inventive FUN to run an ARM windows8/Android in the cloud with support for the new Cortex-A15 (ARM) instructions and make a massively parallel ARM QEMU service just because you can LOL

BTW way does it also know and run NEON SIMD at a reasonable speed ?, and i don't suppose it emulates/translates a Mali-T604, or other native ARM gfx !
        Last edited by popper; 04 December 2011, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by popper View Post
          perhaps that's because you don't have a need, or financial imperative, or just for a bit of plain inventive FUN to run an ARM windows8/Android in the cloud with support for the new Cortex-A15 (ARM) instructions and make a massively parallel ARM QEMU service just because you can LOL

BTW way does it also know and run NEON SIMD at a reasonable speed ?, and i don't suppose it emulates/translates a Mali-T604, or other native ARM gfx !
          I don't know about "reasonable speed", but I believe that it does handle NEON. I know I've used it for arm-based armv7+OpenCL devel before, but I can't remember if I was using the neon code paths of my project for the non-CL bits or not.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
            Then why even bother visiting phoronix? What else do you look for? Hardware/Software reviews? That must be it.

Comment

Working...
            X