Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emscripten: Bang Out JavaScript From LLVM Bitcode

Phoronix: Emscripten: Bang Out JavaScript From LLVM Bitcode

There's an interesting new open-source LLVM-using project called Emscripten. Emscripten allows JavaScript to be automatically generated from LLVM bit-code. In other words, you can take C/C++ code-bases and easily translate them into JavaScript...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What a coincidence

Is somehow Phoronix is tracking my history(at least in one of the tab, its open most of the time)??? I just saw the project 1/2 hour ago and now its on Phoronix .

Anyway I found the page from a web based python interpreter's page. Seems to me its a quite interesting project like Pyjama and Google Web Toolkit. As the world of application is moving to web platform, newer complex projects could use it for reusing existing library.

Comment

so.. what it does with python ? can someone explain me?

Comment

It makes your python be interpreted in javascript. Yo dawg, we put an interpreter in your interpreter.

Comment

Originally posted by NomadDemon View Post
          so.. what it does with python ? can someone explain me?
          Look for your self
          http://syntensity.com/static/python.html

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger_Coder View Post
            That's pretty awesome... Scary, but awesome.

Comment

Not exactly a new project... it's been going six months already, and has been attracting a bit of attention, particularly on Mozilla and Chrome-related blogs...

Comment

emscripten is written in python.. it generates llvm bytecode then it compiles it with llvm... apparently emscripten itself has even been compiled into js so you can run it in your browser.

Comment

Emscriptem is pretty solid at translating C -> Javascript

But it can result in some pretty unoptimized code. Generally people will use it to translate their project into javascript, then go and tweak the result to speed it up.

Comment

Working...
                  X